The Reading Lab
A Division of Walston Speech Language & Reading Clinic, Inc.
|LEVEL 3: GRAMMAR & WRITING SKILLS
Level 3: Grammar & Composition
This award-winning program helps students master troublesome points of grammar.
It provides students with interactive grammar exercises that help students master difficult points in English
grammar. After an assessment, students advance through the program at their own pace. They receive frequent
explanations for their answers, whether the response is right or wrong.
Tutors and students are able to track improvement through our record management system.
The questions, answers and explanations of the programs can be spoken aloud by using the Merit Text Talker.
Designed for students in grades 4 through 8 (ages 9 and up), the software can also be used by English language
learners and adult students. This program is only available for use at the Lab, not at home.
Set 1: Grammar Fitness, Skill levels 4 - 6
Set 2: Grammar Fitness, Skill levels 6 - 8
• Each set contains 42 grammar concepts and 462 questions
• Contextual help and feedback engage students of all ages
• Students choose from a menu of reward animations and sounds
• All student work is stored in the Teacher Program Manager
• Content can be spoken aloud by using the Merit Text Talker
Students will learn to:
• Correct errors in punctuationAmong the concepts covered:
• Use tenses properly
• Identify and correct errors in usage
• Run-on sentences
• Agreement of subject and verb
• Parallel structure
• Comma fault
• Fused sentences
• Dangling modifiers
• Misplaced modifiers
• Split constructions
• Faulty parallelism